• Nourish

Child Safety Week left a bitter taste!

Last week to took part in Child Safety Week at our family groups. We had a short quiz and lots of conversation about where we leave our hot cups of tea sitting and how one week your child cant reach it and the following week they can pull that cup right off the table!

We also discussed the things we leave lying around the house and in our bags, that should be kept out of children's reach.


Ibuprofen..not a pink sweetie!

We chatted about lots of other really frightening facts too, did you know it only takes 20 seconds for a toddler to be strangled by a blind cord? And that they can drown in just 5cm of water?

Next on our agenda was the Bitrex taste test!

Bitrex is the most bitter substance known to man, and we made our mums taste it. (Were nice like that). Bitrex is added to household items in order to make them taste extremely bitter. The reason is it is so bitter it naturally encourages a child to spit it out rather than swallow. We want to help spread the word of this and make sure is added to all dangerous products to help prevent accidental poisoning.


Bitrex Taste Test (YUK!)

The taste was bitter but we had plenty chocolate after!

#nourishsupport

19 views

Contact Information:

General Enquires: info@nourishsupportcentre.com

Funding Enquires: lynne.scott@nourishsupportcentre.com

  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Instagram